We carry grain fed, locally raised, air chilled, free run and naturally raised chicken. Customer favourites include boneless chicken breasts, with a unique variety of marinated and stuffed options. Ground chicken is available from our freezer. Our marinated chicken kebabs are prepared fresh daily. Try our Flattened (Spatchcock) Chickens – Quick, easy and great on the BBQ!
Mennonite Raised Chickens
- Free Run and Naturally Raised in Ontario by fifth generation farmers
- 100% hormone, antibiotic and drug free
- Fed a mix of corn, barley, flax seed and soy (100% animal by-product free)
- Omega 3 occurs naturally through their feed
Whole fresh turkeys (seasonal); fresh boneless turkey breasts, (unstuffed, traditional sage stuffing or sage stuffing with cranberries); frozen ground turkey.
Preservative free cooked turkey breast; smoked turkey sausages (heat and serve); turkey meatloaf (frozen and ready to cook).
Brome Lake Duck
Whole, boneless breasts, duck fat, dried and sliced sausage, smoked, dried and sliced breast, foie gras and rillettes
- Whole Chicken
- 1. Cook chickens on a rack on a drip tray
- 2. For best results place chicken on rack back side up, breast side down
- 3. Cook as follows
- - 4lbs-5lbs 2 1/4 hrs - 2 1/2 hrs at 325° F
- - 5lbs-7lbs 2 1/2 hrs - 3 hrs at 325° F
- 4. Temperature of thigh should be 180°-200°F
- Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1. Brown in frying pan with oil or butter until light brown
- 2. Bake in preheated oven at 325°F as follows
- - 1 Breast- 40-45 minutes
- - 2 Breasts- 50-60 minutes
- - 3 or more Breasts- 60-70 minutes
- 3. Kiev, Cordon Bleu, Sundried Tomato Breasts should be cupped in foil to prevent stuffing from running
- 4. Baking surface (foil) should be sprayed with vegetable oil to prevent sticking
- 5. Cooked temperature of breast should be 160°F-165°F
- Chicken Supremes
- 1. From Fridge- microwave for 3-6 minutes (1-4 breasts) on high to warm breast internally
- 2. BBQ on medium heat for 10-15 minutes (160°F-165°F) or until breast is white throughout (cooke skin side up)
- 1. Preheat to 325°F
- 2. Bake for 35-50 minutes (1-4 breasts) with skin side up
- 3. Cook to 140°F-160°F or until meat is white throughout
- It has been our experience that the time it takes to roast a fresh turkey is considerably shorter than that of a frozen one. We urge you to use the 'Test for Doneness' (see below) at the shortest range, as various factors can affect the cooking time (i.e. ratio of bird-to-oven, initial temperature of turkey, varying temperatures in individual ovens). All times are based on a 325°F oven.
- Remove turkey from packaging. Remove giblets and neck (save for other uses)
- Rinse turkey with cold water ensuring not to forget the neck cavity. Pat dry both cavities and the outside of the turkey.
- Tuck wing tips back. Stuff if desired. Do not stuff ahead of time, only just before cooking.
- Draw neck skin over stuffing and secure to body, tie legs together or tucked-in position.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- For a crispy skin, slip hand between skin and breast and moisten with vegetable oil.
- Season with Bloor Meat Market's House Spice or a low sodium seasoning.
- Cover loosely with a tin foil tent, shiny side facing inward.
- Roast turkey using the roasting instructions below , basting every 30-40 minutes
- 'Test for Doneness' at the lowest time shown in your turkey's weight range
- Remove foil during the last 45 minutes and baste 2-3 more times
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving
- 8lb-12lb - cook unstuffed turkey for: 2 1/4 - 3 1/4 hours and stuffed turkey for: 3 - 4 hours stuffed
- 12lb-14lb - cook unstuffed turkey for: 3 -3 1/2 hours and stuffed turkey for: 3 1/2- 4 1/2 hours
- 14lb-20lb - cook unstuffed turkey for: 3 3/4 - 4 1/4 hours and stuffed turkey for: 4 1/2- 5 1/4 hours
- 20lb-24lb - cook unstuffed turkey for: 4 1/4 - 4 3/4 hours and stuffed turkey for: 5 - 5 1/2 hours
- If using a meat thermometer, the temperature in the thigh should read 180-200°F. The stuffing should read 165°F. The leg should move easily when gently twisted. The breast meat should feel soft to the touch and the juices should run clear.
- Turkey Breast
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F
- 2. Spice breast
- 3. Cook your turkey breast for 15 minutes at 425°F then drop temperature to 325°F and cook for an additional
- - 3lb-4lb - 1 1/2 hours
- - 4lb-5lb - 2 hours
- - 5lb-6lb - 2 1/2 hours
- 4. Baste with oil or butter once or twice while cooking
- 5. Internal temperature should measure 160°F-165°F
- 6. Let stand 10 minutes before carving