We are famous for our steaks and roasts! All of our beef is graded Canadian “AAA”, Choice or higher and is aged to perfection for a minimum of 28 days to ensure undeniable juiciness, tenderness and superb flavour. We source premium quality products so you can create your extraordinary meals at home. Traditional steak and roast selections are always sure to please!
Our irresistible Korean Style beef short ribs are a customer favourite throughout the year and an exceptional choice for your BBQ!
Steak selections include – New York Striploins, Rib Eyes, Bone in Rib Steaks, Top Sirloin, Flat Iron, Flank (plain & marinated) and Tenderloin.
Roast selections include- Prime Rib, Boneless Rib Eye, Top Sirloin, Tenderloin, Rump, Striploin and Boneless Short Rib/Blade.
To tempt your taste buds even further, we are proud to carry premium quality beef from PEI. We also offer burgers made from our PEI naturally raised beef and offer ground bison patties (available frozen).
Prince Edward Island Certified Naturally Raised Beef
- Raised on PEI family farms (all producers must attend a Humane Handling workshop)
- Fed high-quality grass, grains, potatoes and other vegetables (No synthetic hormones)
- Federally Inspected and Graded AAA or higher
- No antibiotics during the last 100 days
- Certified by the Department of Agriculture and Forestry
- Link: islandbeef.ca
We also offer a selection of marinated beef kebabs- prepared fresh in store daily.
We offer: Veal Cutlets
Frenched Veal Chops
- Top Sirloin, Rump, Eye of Round, Prime Rib, Rib Eye
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 425°F
- 2. Rare to medium roast cook to an internal temperature of 120°F-140°F. Follow these cooking instructions based on the size of your roast
- 3lb-4lb 425°F for 15 mins, drop temperature to 325° and cook for an additional 60-75 mins, let stand for 15 mins
- 4lb-5lb 425°F for 15 mins, drop temperature to 325° and cook for an additional 70-80 mins, let stand for 15 mins
- 5lb-6lb 425°F for 20 mins, drop temperature to 325° and cook for an additional 90-100 mins, let stand for 15-30 mins
- 6lb-7lb 425°F for 20 mins, drop temperature to 325° and cook for an additional 100-110 mins, let stand for 15-30 mins
- 7lb-10lb 425°F for 20 mins, drop temperature to 325° and cook for an additional 110-120 mins, let stand for 15-30 mins
- Standing Time
- - Wrap roast in aluminum foil
- - Place on clean dish
- - Cover (do not wrap) roast with a large towel
- - Purchase of a 'quick read' thermometer (approx $10) will guarantee a properly cooked roast (more expensive thermometers aren't always as good)
- Short Rib, Rump
- Spice Roast
- Brown roast in frying pan with oil or butter
- Heat up a can of soup (mushroom or other) with one can of water, wine or stock
- Combine browned roast with soup in a covered roaster
- Cook in pre-heated 300°F oven for 2-3 hours (small 2lb-4lb roast) or 3-4 hours (large 4lb-8lb roast) in covered roaster
- Vegetables may be added in the last 2 hours.
- Beef Tenderloin
- 2lb-3lb 400°F for 40 minutes
- 4lb-6lb 400°F for 50-60 minutes
- Roast will be rare to medium (120°F-140°F)